The US Teacher Training Program of Chen Style Tai Chi
The Tai Chi performance by thousands of people at the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games left an unforgettable impression on people worldwide and has turned Tai Chi into a trendy sport around the world. With Tai Chi becoming so popular right now, the world, and in particular the United States, will have high demand for Tai Chi Quan teachers. Now is the best time and this is the best place to hold the US Teacher Training Program of Chen Style Tai Chi.
Chen Style Tai Chi is a brilliant star in the martial arts. It is a treasure of Asian culture as well as a treasure of the world’s culture. It is beloved by people around the world. Under the guidance of the right teachers, if one practices Tai Chi on a long-term basis without interruption, one can not only achieve the goals of having a strong and healthy body, staying away from sickness, and living a long life, but also achieve the purification of the mind, improvement of the temperament, and increase the overall quality of being a human being. From the technical aspect, Tai Chi, at the least, can help one to defend oneself, and at the best, can help one to eliminate violence and defend the country. In order for Chen Style Tai Chi to flourish, and in order for the techniques of Chen Style Tai Chi Grandmaster Chen Jin Cai to pass on to future generations, we need a large number of people who have capability, patience, perseverance, love, morale of martial arts, and cultivation to inherit this art. We need people who even aspire to become the descendants and carriers of Chen style Tai Chi, who are willing to make an effort for the cause of Tai Chi, and who are willing to devote their lives to the cause of Tai Chi. Only people with such ideals and concerted efforts can achieve this goal. Therefore, it is necessary to hold teacher-training classes of Chen Style Tai Chi in the US. The following terms are created to achieve this goal:
- The Mission of Teacher Training:
The US Teacher Training Program of Chen Style Tai Chi is a non-profit organization under the USA Chen Tai Chi Federation. Our mission is to:
• Create an environment of sports with mass participation
• Improve people’s health
• Promote Chinese culture by teaching martial arts principles
• Expand and enhance the exchange and cooperation in marital arts communities of the world and US
• Encourage people to be part of and to serve society
- The difference between Grandmaster Chen Jin Cai and other Chen Style grandmasters in the US:
Grandmaster Chen Jin Cai is the only certified US successor of the 18th generation Grandmaster Chen Zhaokui of the Chen Family Council (the origin of Chen Style Tai Chi), as well as the only US successor of Chen Maosen, assistant teacher to Grandmaster Chen Zhaokui’s father Chen Fake. He is a high level grandmaster with profound knowledge of Tai Chi and has inherited the secrets of the grandmasters. For details, please refer to attachment 1: The Pioneer of Chen Style Tai Chi in the New World – Chen Jin Cai: The Martial Arts Scholar of the New Century and the Famous Successor of Chen Style Tai Chi.
- The difference in teaching methods between Grandmaster Cheng and Other Chen Style Tai Chi Grandmasters:
Grandmaster Cheng utilizes the secret of the numerous grandmasters to the fullest and among thousands of his students, none has ever been injured, had chest pain, or leg cramps due to the practice of Tai Chi. His teaching method is scientific and easy to understand and grasp. The techniques of breathing and movement are closely integrated. Each movement has a clear purpose of defense and offense. This method enables a student quickly grasp the basics and make steady progress with quick success. Students not only benefit from having a healthy body, but also learn how to apply such techniques in self-defense. Please refer to Attachment 2: The Healthy Impact of Tai Chi Abdominal Breathing on Internal Organs.
- Requirement of Teachers of Special Training:
- a) Teachers must love Tai Chi Quan, be willing to devote their life to Tai Chi, and promote its development.
- b) Teachers must possess love, perseverance, and patience for Tai Chi Quan. They must be proficient in all sets of taught patterns, and have gone through repetitive correction and practice through individual classes.
- c) A teacher must be loyal to his/her own teacher and strictly follow the teacher’s teaching. The teacher must demand the same from her/his own students to pass on this virtue.
- d) A teacher must promote mutual love and help among classmates, earn a good reputation among classmates, and together with classmates honor the teachers, school, and Chen Style Tai Chi; a teacher must promote, enhance, and glorify Chen Style Tai Chi.
- e) Students of our school in this city, if willing to promote, enhance and glorify Chen Style Tai Chi, may also apply to participate in the training program. The US Chen Style Tai Chi Federation will select teacher candidates based on merit.
- f) In accordance with the requirements of a Federation-approved school, exams will be held as scheduled. Those who qualify will be issued certificates of special training at different levels.
- g) Teachers of the special training program will be classified as level one and level two. Please refer to the teaching and test content of these two levels.
- h) Teachers of the special training program must strictly follow the teaching plan of the Federation when holding classes and teaching students.
- i) The school opened by the teachers of the special training program must hold a lifetime membership in the US Chen Style Tai Chi Federation, pay annual dues, and purchase standard uniforms from the Federation.
- j) The tests for all levels will follow unified standards. (The test standards are attached.)
- k) For the common benefit, advertising will be jointly done on television and in other media. The advertising fees will be shared among all schools, and the advertising content will contain the addresses and phone numbers of all the schools of the teachers of the special training program.
- l) The teachers of the special training program must take students to actively participate various national activities held by the Federation, including national and international martial arts contests, national Tai Chi exchange conventions, and so forth. The numbers of participating people and participations will count as part of the evaluation standard.
- m) In order to promote Chen Style Tai Chi, Tai Chi teachers from all cities should cooperate with each other and should not enter vicious competition for students. All Tai Chi schools under the USA Chen Tai Chi Federation should be at least ten miles away from each other. This rule should be strictly followed by all teachers.
- The Teaching Content of the US Chen Style Tai Chi Teacher Training Program:
- a) Tai Chi Theory:
- Virtue of Martial Arts and Cultivation
- The Eight Basic Methods of Chen Style Tai Chi Quan
iii. Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Internal Energy Cultivating Methods
- The Three Stages of Chen Style Tai Chi Quan’s Push Hands Application
- The development history of Chen Style Tai Chi Quan
- Promote longevity through practicing Tai Chi quan
- b) The Routines of Chen Style Tai Chi Quan:
The teaching content of Level 1 (level 1 to level 9)
- The Eight Methods of Chen Style Tai Chi Quan
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Internal Energy Cultivating Method
iii. Chen Style Tai Chi Old Frame 38 Section Routine
- Chen Style Tai Chi US Competition Form
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Single Straight Sword
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Single Broad Sword
vii. Push Hands Applications
The teaching content of Level 2 (level 1 to level 9)
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Old Frame First Routine
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Old Frame Second Routine
iii. Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Double Knives
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan 56 International Competition Routines
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan New Frame First Routine
- Chen Style Tai Chi Quan New Frame Second Routine
vii. Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Thirteen Poles
viii. Push Hands Applications
- The Standard Fee for the Special Teacher Training Program:
- a) The trainees of the US Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Teacher Training Program must first sign this agreement and then pay the registration fee. The registration fee is $75. The trainees will be notified of the training time later. (you can also come to Houston to training, fee same as private class per person)
- b) This agreement becomes effective upon signing and the fee is not refundable.
- c) During the training period, the trainees of the Teacher Training program should purchase life and health insurance themselves. The Federation is not liable for any sickness or injury during the training.
- d) The trainees of US Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Teacher Training Program will gather once per year, and the training time is ___ days, 6 – 8 hours per day. The fee is $ ________. The training certificate will be issued once the training is completed.